Sunday 8 May 2011

Jumble Sale

I love to be organised.
My room. My bag. I write lists for everything.
Though somehow my life and thoughts still seem to be a jumbled mess.
An 'organised' mess at best.
I am very indecisive.
I am always unsure of myself.
I am dyslexic.
I don’t see it as a problem though.
I love to read, and I read well.
I write well.
I just don’t spell very well....nothing a dictionary can’t sort out.
Dyslexia means that there is a difficulty in processing information. This can be letters, words, sentences, numbers or even general thoughts and information.
This is very apparent in myself.
Instead of ignoring it or masking it I intent to embrace it as part of my work.
I want to organise my ideas so that my jumbled thoughts become easy to follow for me and for others.
This will be the stimulus for my work.

I have a really strong love for words. I write poems and songs and often spend a long time finding the perfect word for what I am trying to convey.
I am not so good at speaking. I get nervous and confused when I talk. I often end up not saying what I want to say.   

JUMBLED!!!

I think that’s why I love to write. I can focus what I am trying to say and say it well.
 In my Educational Psychology test for Dyslexia my highest score was in my knowledge/ spoken vocabulary.
My lowest score was in my written vocabulary.
Except I always work better (even spell slightly better) when I am writing.
I have decided to create a small personal dictionary for myself.
Words that stick in my head. Points of interest.
This is where all my work stems from. The words that inspire me and my work.
I am the common denominator to all of the words so therefore no matter how scattered or random they seem, they will fit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment